[OpenSIPS-Devel] disabling outbound TCP connection for nated UA

Emmanuel BUU emmanuel.buu at ives.fr
Tue Feb 16 12:06:50 CET 2010

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu a écrit :
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> In theory this will be nice and correct, but practically speaking it is
> too difficult to do , as the SIP part needs to be aware of the transport
> layer and vice versa .

This already the case as the contact that is stored in the USRLOC module
contains a transport indication (that is if the UA is using TCP)
> Like you need to "know" that a SIP URI points behind a NAT, store the
> info with the RURI and pass it to the transport level when it tries to
> send the message out.

This can be done by scripting when the REGISTER message is processed and
one could use a registry flag to tag the contact as nated".
> The 2.0 design will solve this problem as the async model will not be
> affected by the blocking to a natted destination.

Yes but it will issue TCP connection nevetheless, connections that are
bound to fail. Maybe we should see if there is a way to tell the TM module:

"try to reuse a TCP connection to this UA and if no such connection is
available, report an error".