[OpenSIPS-Devel] New contribution, uac_auth() in request route

Michael Schloh von Bennewitz develop2009 at schloh.com
Wed Feb 10 22:09:16 CET 2010

Hello Bogdan,

A while ago you posted a suggestion which sounded like more of
a challenge to provide a workaround for an authentication problem:

  http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/users/2010-January/010215.html

According to http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development you
are the maintainer of the UAC module, and so I'd like to offer
you the results of my work to provide a solution to your challenge.
I've tested this code with a few different PSTN gateway providers
which challenge either 401 or 407 and reject messages with constant
(nonsequential) CSEQs.

  http://scm.europalab.com/contrib/opensips/
  http://scm.europalab.com/contrib/file/tip/opensips/
  http://scm.europalab.com/contrib/file/tip/opensips/uac-reauth.txt
  http://scm.europalab.com/contrib/file/tip/opensips/uac-reauth.diff

Basically, files (only code, no documentation) in modules/uac of
SVN trunk revision 6590 were modified to allow the function
uac_auth() of the UAC module to be used in the request route.
The purpose of this is to allow OpenSIPS to pass a challenge
response from a dowstream proxy back to the originating UAC
which increments the CSEQ and resubmits the message (probably
a INVITE) to OpenSIPS. The resubmittal includes a Authorization
header which can be overwritten using the new logic of this
patch. OpenSIPS then forwards the message a second time to
the downstream proxy which accepts the authorization header.

The code work is complete, but this patch lacks XML documentation.
I'll complete that work if I get the impression that this is popular
enough to be committed to the trunk.

Cheers,
Michael

--