[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-2948561 ] deadlock on pua presentity lock

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 9 16:38:43 CET 2010

Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by wdoekes
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=2948561&group_id=232389

Group: 1.6.x

Initial Comment:
Hi,

when sending the PUBLISH messages to self, using:
modparam("pua_dialoginfo", "presence_server", "sip:a.b.c.d:5060") # send PUBLISH messages to self
I get a deadlock of the entire opensips daemon.

If I send the messages to somewhere else, the deadlock does not occur.

If I release the locks as per the attached patch, the deadlock doesn't occur either.
But according to the comments in the code, the lock is not meant to be freed just yet. So I'm not sure what my patch breaks instead. (I'm not even sure I'm supposed to publish to self, but it seems like it, as I want to generate notifies based on the state changes found in the publish.)

I'm running 1.6-svn (r6568)

Regards,
Walter Doekes
OSSO B.V.