[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-3141419 ] OpenSIPS 1.6.4 fails with Signal 10 (Bus Error) on Solaris

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 23 15:43:49 CET 2010

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bogdan_iancu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=3141419&group_id=232389

Category: core
Group: 1.6.x

Initial Comment:
Trying to run OpenSIPS 1.6.4 on Solaris 10, it is failing with Bus Error (Signal 10)
Attached appear log and backtrace from the core.

Date: 2010-12-23 16:43

Message:
It seams it is a issue with the arch detection - I guess "sparc" is 64b
arch and when opensips compiles as for 32b, some mem alignment is screwed.

Do you use any particular compile options or you let the Makefile to do
all the detection ?

Comment By: Sergio Gutierrez (saguti)
Date: 2010-12-22 17:06

Message:
Hello Bogdan.

Wrong copy & paste

(gdb) print jiffies
$1 = (unsigned int *) 0xfcc040d8
(gdb) x 0xfcc040d8
0xfcc040d8:     0x00000000
(gdb) print *jiffies
$2 = 0
(gdb) x *jiffies
0x0:    Cannot access memory at address 0x0
(gdb)

Comment By: Sergio Gutierrez (saguti)
Date: 2010-12-22 14:56

Message:
Hello Bogdan

I am running on SPARC, but OpenSIPS is compiled with 32 bits default
compilation.

(gdb) p ujiffies
$1 = (utime_t *) 0xfcc040ec
(gdb) x 0xfcc040ec
0xfcc040ec:     0x00000000
(gdb) x ujiffies
0xfcc040ec:     0x00000000
(gdb) x *ujiffies
0x0:    Cannot access memory at address 0x0
(gdb) p *ujiffies
$2 = 0

Comment By: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu (bogdan_iancu)
Date: 2010-12-22 14:05

Message:
Please print "jiffies" also,

Another question - are you running on a 32 or 64 arch ?

Thanks and regards,

Comment By: Sergio Gutierrez (saguti)
Date: 2010-12-22 13:53

Message: