[OpenSIPS-Devel] presentity table version change

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Dec 13 00:27:16 CET 2010

2010/12/10 Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:
> presence: support for extra headers in NOTIFY
>  - extra headers received in PUBLISH requests can be
> stored and sent to the subscrber via NOTIFY requests

Could I know where this "feature" comes from? it's not a standard at
all and, in fact, in makes no sense as a single PUBLISH *doesn't need*
to generate a single NOTIFY:

If there are two PUBLISH for same user and event, both with same
"custom" header and different value, the resulting NOTIFY after the
second PUBLISH would contain both presentities or a merged version of
both presentities (SIMPLE is so "cool"...). Which "custom" header to
"copy" in the NOTIFY? the first one? the second one?

Also, it's not true that a PUBLISH triggers a NOTIFY. A server could
wait N seconds upon receiving a PUBLISH for generating a NOTIFY. In
that time more PUBLISH could arrive so the resulting NOTIFY is not
triggered by a single PUBLISH.

I strongly think this "feature" breaks the PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY
specification and it bassed on a wrong assumption.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>