[OpenSIPS-Devel] Proposal for adding OMA extensions support for pres-rules

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Aug 17 12:45:52 CEST 2010

Hi Juha,

On 17/08/10 12:28, Juha Heinanen wrote:
>    - (presence_xml) When running in integrated mode OpenSIPS doesn't
>    know the xcap-root, so it's not able to determine if a reference is
>    external or not. Thus, I propose xcap_server parameter to be used also
>    in combination with integrated mode, this way OpenSIPS can know if a
>    reference to a resource-list is internal or external. OpenSIPS will
>    ignore external references in integrated mode.
>
> saul,
>
> why can't you have it both ways, i.e., follow external references also
> in integrated mode?

In integrated mode OpenSIPS fetches the documents directly from the DB
instead of using XCAP client, so mixing both working modes doesn't look
right to me at first sight.

Now, if the external reference points to the integrated server (same
server could have several XCAP roots) they will be followed.

If someone needs that behavior the non-integrated mode should be used
though I will only implement the integrated mode at first.

Is there any use case I might be overlooking?

Thanks,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects