[OpenSIPS-Devel] Db interface

Stanisław Pitucha viraptor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 02:40:23 CEST 2010

Hi,
I have some questions about the DB interface. In general - what is
fetch_result() useful for?
As far as I can see, every query function returns the needed results
directly into `*_r`. In that case, why is fetch_result() needed?

If it's needed, are there any guarantees about calling fetch_result? Is
it always called directly after the query? Are there any other DB
operations in between?

Taking db_mysql as an example - how does it return any results, if every
other query function uses mysql_store_result() directly?

Thanks,
Stan