[OpenSIPS-Devel] snmpstats problem

Richard Revels rrevels at bandwidth.com
Mon Apr 26 15:38:20 CEST 2010

I was doing a little performance testing over the weekend and noticed the snmp agent x process thread maxing out a core on my cpu.  I also noticed the hard drive was getting blown up.  It turned out that somewhere around 23,000 registered users an out of memory condition occurred in the snmpstats module.  This is just the latest in a long line of problems I have had with this module.  I'm not going to bother opening a bug tracker on it.  I'm just yanking it from my configs.

However, I did want to mention it on the mailing list so it can be looked at in case others want to continue working with it.  Here are the log messages.

Apr 25 20:37:56 guinea-pig2 osips-log[13687]: WARNING:core:fm_malloc: Not enough free memory, will atempt defragmenation
Apr 25 20:37:56 guinea-pig2 osips-log[13687]: ERROR:snmpstats:createHashRecord: failed to create a mapping record for +1<ANI>@<domain>
Apr 25 20:37:56 guinea-pig2 osips-log[13687]: ERROR:snmpstats:updateUser: openserSIPRegUserTable was not able to push +1<ANI>@<domain> into the hash.  User not added to this table
Apr 25 20:37:56 guinea-pig2 osips-log[13687]: NOTICE:snmpstats:executeInterprocessBufferCmd: Received a request for contact: +1<ANI>@<domain> for user: sip:+1<ANI>@<domain>:15592 who doesn't exists

Here is the version info for the source code I'm using

[root at guinea-pig2 opensips16-trunk]# svn info
Repository Root: https://opensips.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opensips
Repository UUID: 689a6050-402a-0410-94f2-e92a70836424
Revision: 6758
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: bogdan_iancu
Last Changed Rev: 6758
Last Changed Date: 2010-04-02 14:19:34 +0000 (Fri, 02 Apr 2010)

Richard