[OpenSIPS-Devel] [OpenSIPS-Users] New features in BLF and presence

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Wed Apr 21 11:29:10 CEST 2010

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2010/4/20 Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <saul at ag-projects.com>:
>
>> May I suggest something: instead of using terms like 'on the phone' that
>> suggest only telephony we could use a more generic ones, to match the
>> concept of a 'session'. A user may establish an audio, video, msrp, t140
>> session with another, so instead of being 'on the phone' he would be 'In
>> session...', instead of being 'Ringing...' it would be 'Alerting...' or
>> some more appropriate messages. How does it sound?
>>

> Common users wont understand what "on a session" means.
> IMHO a IM session should never be notified to watchers as a different status.
>
> Also, if I set "offline" status (other not to see me online) and I do
> a call, will then my watchers receive a NOTIFY with status "on the
> phone"?

Yes, they will, even if you set the status to offline. This can be
improved, to check if all the Published info has status offline, do not
do the aggregation. But what if the published info is not from the same
phone that is in a call?
We can not have a perfect dialog-presence translation. Just attempting
to make it as good as possible, so I will implement this case - do not
notify about dialog state if all the presence statuses are offline.
Maybe a good solution is what Ole said - to have per user options and
for the user to configure if it wants this feature or not.

Anca Vamanu
www.voice-system.ro