[OpenSIPS-Devel] [OpenSIPS-Users] New features in BLF and presence

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Apr 21 11:01:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Common users wont understand what "on a session" means.
> IMHO a IM session should never be notified to watchers as a different status.

I didn't say it was a good name, it was just the idea of extending the
context from a 'call' to a 'session'. Well, the fact that the session is
negotiated by using a SIP INVITE means user interaction, so he IS
somehow busy, and I think he should get notified.

Filtering MSRP assuming it's just IM looks no future-proof to me. If I'm
sharing my desktop with you over MSRP or using whatever application over
MSRP, I am busy and my watchers should know. If I were deaf and used
video+T.140 I'd expect to be busy, but not 'On the phone'. A better
message should be chosen, but IMHO every session, no matter it's nature
should trigger a state change.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects