[OpenSIPS-Devel] Crash with reply lacking From header

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Apr 16 14:33:41 CEST 2010

2010/4/13 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro>:
>> Just tested it, works great, no crash! Little question (I'm curious xD):
>> why don't we take the from header from the request?
>>
> uh, long story - shortly, because of FROM / TO changing - so, for local
> ACK you cannot use the FROM from request (which is received one), but
> rather take the one from reply which reflects all the changes you did
> over FROM / TO at request time ;)

However RFC 3261 states that in order to match an ACK or CANCEL the
UAS must inspect the From/To tags, right? So then  From and To could
anyway be taken from the original request (even if the proxy itself
modified it).

Of course there could be broken UA's out there not allowing this
correct behavior :)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>