[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-2865413 ] failure route is not executed with b2bua

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Wed Sep 30 16:13:41 CEST 2009

This item was closed on the sf and therefore I can't post my comments there.
So here they are:
It is true that for complex b2bua scenarios it is not possible to have
a t_on_failure() mechanism.  However, this should be possible for the
simple "topo hiding" scenario where we have a one to one mapping
between the UAS and UAC components of the b2bua entity.
Having this functionality enabled for "topo hiding" scenario will help
in deploying a single b2bua server with sequential forking
capabilities instead of tho servers deployment: one doing b2bua
functionality and the proxy doing lcr, failover and so on.
In order to avoid confusion (which scenario can and which one cannot
do t_on_failure), the ability to arm a failure route for "topo hiding"
should be provided as a param to b2b_init_request.  Something like:
# initiate "top hiding" scenario with t_on_failure(10)
b2b_init_request("top hiding", "10");
If the second param is empty, there will be no t_on_failure handling

I think the simple "topo hiding" scenario will be widely used if it
provides enough flexibility.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas