[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Feature Requests-2822174 ] ldap: dynamic binding

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 16 23:58:27 CEST 2009

Feature Requests item #2822174, was opened at 2009-07-16 08:37
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by vw13
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086413&aid=2822174&group_id=232389

Group: None

Initial Comment:
Please allow for the LDAP module to authenticate directly with the connecting SIP username - i.e. joeb attempts to register, the subsequent LDAP bind is made using joeb's LDAP credentials.

Date: 2009-09-17 07:28

Message:
Perhaps the option can be made for using plaintext password?

I realize this is not secure, but some environments are not using
encryption for LDAP anyways.

Comment By: Razvan (rpistolea)
Date: 2009-09-16 18:07

Message:
How should we authenticate directly without a  plain text password? SIP
receives the password as a digest. We might be missing something so please
give a detailed explanation.

Comment By: Emmanuel BUU (neutrino38)
Date: 2009-07-28 23:25

Message:
This is somewhat available using the H.350 module
(http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.5.x/h350.html)
You need however to define SIP user name and password in separate
attribute because
OpenSIPS needs to read the password in clear text to perform SIP
challenge.
Therefore, it seems difficult to use le ldap credential directly (at least
the LDAP password).