[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Feature Requests-2856492 ] Improvements for Codec operations (textops)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 11 00:20:12 CEST 2009

Feature Requests item #2856492, was opened at 2009-09-11 00:20
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by thomas_gelf
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086413&aid=2856492&group_id=232389

Initial Comment:
I've never before used the codec_* functions that have recently been
added to textops module - but today they helped me to solve a really
nasty problem ;-)

While playing around with those functions a few possible improvements
came to my mind:

a) Make codec_exists/codec_delete case_insensitive
I didn't intensively test it, but it seems that thosw functions are
currently case sensitive, "speex" for example didn't match "Speex"

b) Kill related fmtp-lines
If I remove a codec, it's payload type number is removed from media
line, and related rtpmap-entries are trashed. fmtp-lines however will
remain, please remove them too!

c) Wildcards/Regexps?
Writing a codec_exists/codec_delete for G726-[16|24|30|40] or something
similar is nasty, what about supporting something like "G726-*" - or
just use regular expressions? The latter would also provide case
insensitiveness.

Best regards,
Thomas Gelf

 mail: thomas at gelf.net