[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-2851050 ] uri module: is_user should not depend on credentials

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 4 13:21:18 CEST 2009

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by ironmissy
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=2851050&group_id=232389

Initial Comment:
According to http://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/uri.html#id271241
is_user shall be called as follows:

> is_user("john")

Running latest revision from trunk (6069) this leads to:

> ERROR:uri:is_user: no authorized credentials found (error in scripts)
> ERROR:uri:is_user: Call {www,proxy}_authorize before calling is_user
>                    function !

Call is from PSTN to local user, I'd like to call is_user("$rU").
Calling
*_authorize doesn't make sanse here, as does requiring credentials - at
least if username is passed to this function.

Best regards,
Thomas Gelf

Date: 2009-09-04 14:21

Message:
According to http://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/uri.html#id271241
is_user function does the following: "Check if the username in credentials
matches the given username.".  So, requiring credentials is essential here.

I'm not sure i understand the reasons you want to use this function.

Regards,
Irina Stanescu