[OpenSIPS-Devel] "load_credentials" behaves wrongly when setting NULL the column

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Oct 17 22:16:57 CEST 2009

Hi, my susbscriber table ahs a custom column "prefix". It is a VARCHAR and
allows NULL:

  modparam("auth_db", "load_credentials", "$avp(AVP_USER_PREFIX)=prefix")

I use this AVP to add a prefix to the RURI.

Imagine this real example in which the wrong behaviour is shown:

- I set "prefix" value to "1234". It works correctly and the AVP gets that
value.

- Later I set it to NULL. But when the users authenticates the AVP is set to
"1234" !!!!!!

- Then I set it to "" (empty string but different than NULL). Then AVP has ""
value (ok).

- After that I set it back to NULL. Then then the user authenticates the AVP
gets again "1234" value !!!!!!

It doesn't occur always, but very often.

OpenSIPS 1.5 rev 5925.

I should open a bug report, right? could it be any explanation?

PS: Of course, I've checked that the value set in the database is correct.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>