[OpenSIPS-Devel] [OpenSIPS-Users] Code profiling for OpenSIPS 1.6

Stanisław Pitucha viraptor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 22:47:25 CEST 2009

2009/10/8 Iulia Bublea <iulia at opensips.org>:
> I uploaded on the opensips.org web site (see
> http://www.opensips.org/Resources/TestsProfiling) some results and
> interpretations of a code profiling for OpenSIPS 1.6.

I think there's a small mistake on the page: "... you can see that
managing the SIP messages (parsing and building) takes more than 50%
of the CPU usage for OpenSIPS." but the graph shows 34% (parsing) +
11% (building) == 45%.

Just curious - did you also generate any statistics
per-config-function (just to see how long does each operation take)?
They would have to ignore the parsing time probably, as it will not
happen on every call and will be config-dependent. (I know I can get
that information from the gprof report myself, but I hope you've done
it already ;) )

Also - it seems to me like 16% for mem ops is a pretty high value. Do
you think it's a reasonable part? (same as above, I'll actually check
that myself, but wanted to know your opinion)

--
KTHXBYE,

Stanisław Pitucha, Gradwell Voip Engineer