[OpenSIPS-Devel] Enlarging xcap table doc field

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Nov 27 13:47:21 CET 2009

2009/11/26 Saul Ibarra Corretge <saul at ag-projects.com>:

>> IMHO a more scalable and suitable solution would be using different tables (or
>> also databases) for each XCAP auid.
>>

> Documents are currently differenced by an integer field, so AFAIK having lots of documents stored is not much trouble for MySQL.

In a high load environment I wouldn't like to imagine a MySQL MyISAM
table (xcap) storing millions of rows with a MEDIUMBLOB field. Such
kind of tables get corrupted after some time and so, for sure.
IMHO is not a good design.

> Having a table for each auid would make the addition of new applications more painful, don't you think? Now they are added seamlessly, well, apart from this little issue.

XCAP application are (should be) standarized, and AFAIK for now XCAP
related RFC's define just 3-4 auids, and OMA defines 6-7.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>