[OpenSIPS-Devel] Adding support for 'dialog-rules'

Saul Ibarra Corretge saul at ag-projects.com
Mon Nov 16 00:00:42 CET 2009

On Nov 15, 2009, at 8:57 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> El Martes, 10 de Noviembre de 2009, Saul Ibarra Corretge escribió:
>> As it was discussed earlier
>> (http://www.openser.org/pipermail/devel/2009-July/003522.html) we are
>> planning to support access rules for Event: dialog in the same fashion
>> pres-rules do for Event: presence.
>
> So we'll end with two components supporting this non estandar feature:
> OpenXCAP as XCAP server and OpenSIPS as SIP presence server. And I expect that
> Blink (SIP/XCAP softphone) will also implement it.
>
> Proprietary appplications on top of open source software. Not so great IMHO.

Every piece of software involved is Open Source, so no 'propietary' application is being developed.

> Also, what does it mean "using like pres-rules format"? pres-rules format (RFC
> 5025) is more than "uri A => allow", uri B => block". It allows filtering the
> notified information (however it's not used at all). But this could be useful
> for dialog-info event ("I allow alice to monitor call to me, but not call made
> by me" or "I allow bob to also monitor calls made by me, but he cannot know
> how I call"). These filetering features are also suggested in RFC 4235.
>
> It would be great if a draft is written with this specification instead of
> just coding a propietary feature (IMHO).

There is a lack of a standard in dealing this way with dialog-info, so we'll use the same schema as pre-rules to achieve same functionality: permissions for the dialog-info presence events.

If this feature get's standardized or covered on an RFC, we'll modify it so if fits.

--
Saul Ibarra Corretge
AG Projects