[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-2791077 ] presence: wrong NOTIFY with "reason=timeout"

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed May 13 13:12:46 CEST 2009

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by anca_vamanu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=2791077&group_id=232389

Initial Comment:
OpenSIPS trunk rev 5694.

I'm experimienting some issues in NOTIFY's from presence server module. "Sometimes" (but really often) when a refresh PUBLISH arrives (matching "SIP-If-Match") presence module generates a NOTIFY with:
  Subscription-State: terminated;reason=timeout

This forces the client to terminate the current subscription dialogs and resend a new initial SUBSCRIBE. Unfortunatelly some clients (as Qutecom) seem to react wrongly when this issue. Anyhow, I think there is some bug in the presence module behaviour.

I attach a SIP trave very simple:

- Just one user 30000 at domain.org.
- It publishes its state and subscribes to its state.

Note how the NOTIFY in line 428 has a strange header value:
  Subscription-State: terminated;reason=timeout
After it, Twinkle (which recats well on it) generates a new out-of-dialog SUBSCRIBE. But if Qutecom is being used, it doesn't generate the SUBSCRIBE (probably a bug inQutecom) and the subscription dissapear from "active_watchers" table.

Date: 2009-05-13 14:12

Message:
Hi Inaki,

Thanks for the detailed report.
I have found the bug - the expires value was not updated in database when
a refresh Subscribe was received - and since you are using the fallback2bd
mode it caused that erroneous ending of dialog.
Please update and test again.

Thanks and regards,
Anca