[OpenSIPS-Devel] Memory Leak related to db_mysql/sip_trace

Chevio emercado at rapidlink.com
Fri Mar 27 18:18:43 CET 2009

After a lot of debugging and testing....

1. I bypassed the db and mysql modules, embedded mysql codde into my custom module and the behavior was the same.

2. I tested my mysql calls against valgrind and passed fine withoug memory leaks.

3.  I disabled all mysql related modules including my custom modules and did a simple test

setup a script that replies 484 to all invites. Sent 1000 invites.

Result..

the overall system memory goes down, the  memory per process grows up and is not released in a reasonable period of time (24h).

I tweaked the timers in tm module to see If it was just  keeping transactions memory too long but still see the same problem.

I have tested versions 1.4tls, notls, 1.5notls and the behavior is the same.

Just by starting and stoping opensips I end up with less free memory available.

I can't believe I am the only one having this problem. Has anyone noticed the same issue ?

I believe somewhere in the core the memory is not being released.

Please someone else test and confirm.

Chevio

В 23:02 -0700 на 15.03.2009 (нд), Chevio написа:
> I have been doing some tests as I noticed that opensips is eating the
> system
> memory.

This seems like a problem I've been discussing with Bogdan on irc - from
what I've seen in the DB layer code and the modules, if you fetch a
string from the database it's never freed - the memory is allocated in
the db_row functions, and db_free_row() is never called, except in error
conditions.

(There's also db_free_rows, which DOES NOT call db_free_row).

Chevio, which memory allocator are you using? I guess the system one,
judging by the fact that the memory manages to grow so much (the others
have a limited pool). Can you try enabling the memory allocator
debugger, running for a while with the mysql-intensive stuff and then
killing the process and seeing where do the allocations that were left
were done from?

Vasil Kolev
Attractel NV
dCAP #1324, LPIC2