[OpenSIPS-Devel] SF.net SVN: opensips:[5535] trunk/packaging

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Mar 25 16:55:51 CET 2009

On Wednesday 25 March 2009, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2009/3/25 Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com>:
> >> - In Sid/Lenny the deb version is already 1.4.4 so there is no
> >> problem.
> >
> > That is not true. Even if the library is already at the desired
> > version, adding the version dependency is necessary because:
> >
> > 1. It clearly indicates that you cannot work with a lesser version.
>
> If you use Debian Lenny and do "make deb" in OpenSIPS sources, it will
> require "libgeoip-dev" *DEB* package, and the libgeoip-dev package
> available in Debian Lenny is 1.4.4, not less. It's impossible to have
> installed an older version of libgeoip-dev in Debian Lenny (if you
> have it, then you have not Debian Lenny).

I have debian sid (unstable) where libgeoip is still 1.3.7, because I
haven't upgraded in a long while. Then I run apt-get build-deb opensips
and it says everything is ok, while it is not. Not everything revolves
around a freshly installed lenny or a recently upgraded sid.

> > 2. If someone still has an older version of the lib because he hasn't
> > yet upgraded, opensips will install just fine but will not work.
>
> Then this user is not using Debian Lenny and shouldn't do "make
> deb-lenny" or "make deb".

No he is using sid, and make deb fails because apt-get build-dep opensips
didn't detect that my lib is old and should be upgraded.

--
Dan