[OpenSIPS-Devel] Error compiling Compiling mmgeoip.c (trunk version)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Mar 24 13:12:53 CET 2009

2009/3/24 Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>:
>> Also, I've checked the following libraries:
>>  /usr/include/GeoIP.h
>>  /usr/include/GeoIPCity.h
>>
>> and there is not defined GEOIP_MMAP_CACHE.
>
> But there is GEOIP_MEMORY_CACHE in /usr/include/GeoIP.h

And changin GEOIP_MMAP_CACHE with GEOIP_MEMORY_CACHE in mmgeoip.c it compiles.

I use libgeoip-dev  1.3.17-1.1 (Debian Etch).

Ok, now I've discovered that version 1.4.4 (availabla in Debian Etch
backports) does contain:

typedef enum {
       GEOIP_STANDARD = 0,
       GEOIP_MEMORY_CACHE = 1,
       GEOIP_CHECK_CACHE = 2,
       GEOIP_INDEX_CACHE = 4,
       GEOIP_MMAP_CACHE = 8,
} GeoIPOptions;

This means that, when compiling for Debian Etch (make deb-etch), this
modules requires a lib just available in Etch backports. Perhaps this
version control should be added to the dependencies.

I've commited a patch for this.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>