[OpenSIPS-Devel] Memory Leak related to db_mysql/sip_trace

Chevio emercado at rapidlink.com
Mon Mar 16 07:02:57 CET 2009

I have been doing some tests as I noticed that opensips is eating the system
memory.

Test environment ubuntu 8.10, opensips 1.4.4 notls

Mysql.h

#define PROTOCOL_VERSION                10
#define MYSQL_SERVER_VERSION            "5.0.67"
#define MYSQL_BASE_VERSION              "mysqld-5.0"
#define MYSQL_SERVER_SUFFIX_DEF         "-0ubuntu6"

relevant modules for the test:

db_mysql
tncgw (custom module that uses db_mysql)
siptrace

started with 980Mb and ended with something around 140Mb Free after ~ 8000
incoming invites / 350 concurrent sessions. The memory was never released.

Then I decided to shutdown my custom module as it does intensive mysql
usage, then repeat the above test with

db_mysql
siptrace

Started with 980Mb and ended with something around 480Mb Free, opensips did
not release the memory after stopping the traffic, waiting 20 mins and then
stopping it.

Then I decided to move the database to a different box thinking it could be
Mysql Cache not releasing the cache memmory fast enough, but the results
were the same as above.

Then I decided to shutdown completely db_mysql and siptrace and repeated the
test. Opensips released almost all the memory after stopping it.

Ha any one had a similar problem ? What os version/ opesips version/mysql
version is recommended that has been stress tested withoug memory leaks?.

Chevio