[OpenSIPS-Devel] dialog module: dialog not cleaned up when BYE is sent

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:10:17 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 6:34 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
<bogdan at voice-system.ro> wrote:
> Hi Herman,
>
> when you say the dialog is not removed, how do you check ? do you check
> with the MI dlg_list command or you look into DB ?

Hello, Bogdan and Herman.
I am seeing similar thing on kamailio (but I measured the interval as
3 to 4 seconds). So this seems to be something inherited from openSER.
If I understood Herman's description of the problem correctly, he is
putting the dialog in a profile and then he would expect the dialog to
be cleared from the profile upon reception of BYE.
I'm using profile this way too, to control limit of simultaneous calls
to our subscribers. So if we try to perform consecutive test calls
using something like SIPp with a max_calls set to 1 in my cfg file, if
the duration of the call is less than 4 seconds, the subsequent call
will fail because when we use profile_get_size, it returns 1, instead
of the expected zero.

For us however, this is not a concern anymore as this is very rare
situation. And actually, what was causing problem to us was the case
where the distant end sends a 4XX response within 4 seconds which has
the same delay to cause the profile to be cleared (I'm not sure if
this applies to opensips). But this is not a problem as we are forcing
the clearing using unset_dlg_profile.

regards,
takeshi