[OpenSIPS-Devel] dialog module: dialog not cleaned up when BYE is sent

Herman Bastiaens herman.bastiaens at androme.be
Tue Mar 3 13:15:21 CET 2009

Hi,

I've posted this problem on the forum
(https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=6595314), but it
doesn't seem to be very active, so I'm posting it here as well.

I'm having a problem with the dialog module of opensips 1.4.2-notls.
When a call is set up, and released within five seconds, the dialog is
not removed. I am sure the call is set up correctly (INVITE - 200 OK -
ACK) and the BYE is sent (with the correct call-id, from and to tag),
but the dialog is not removed.

I do a record_route_preset () for the INVITE and a loose_route() for the
BYE.

Are there any timers, caching, ... that could explain this behavior? I
have tested a number of times, and the problem only occurs if the call
is shut down within the first five seconds, if the call is running
longer, the dialog is cleaned up correctly when the BYE is sent.

note: a dialog is inserted multiple times in the same profile, but with
different values, I don't know if this is relevant for the issue

Herman

Herman Bastiaens               Tel:  (+32) 11 30 13 30
ANDROME NV                     Fax:  (+32) 11 30 13 31
Wetenschapspark 4              mailto:hbastiaens at androme.be
B-3590 Diepenbeek, Belgium     http://www.androme.be