[OpenSIPS-Devel] [NEW] REGISTAR module enhancements

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Jun 29 14:39:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

There were couple of changes pushed to the REGISTRAR module to allow
more flexibility in configuring the behaviour of the module. More or
less, these changes aimed to move most of the global options (per module
options) to per AOR or function options. So, you can configure the
behaviour per AOR (like how many contacts are allowed, if branches
should be appended, if PATH support should be used and how, etc).

A brief summary of the changes:

1. Lookup() function accepts a set of char flags:
    'm' - enable/disable method filtering
    'b' - disable/enable the appending of branches
   See:
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/registrar.html#id271073

Ex:
    lookup("location");
    lookup("location","b");
    lookup("location","","$var(my_aor)");

2. Save() function - the binary flags (for mem only saving and no reply
options) were moved as char flags ('m' and 'r'). More char flags were added:
    'cnn' - maximum number of contacts for the AOR (like 'c10' , 'c2' ,
'c0') - 0 disables the check
    's' - socket header (replacement for the sock_flag global parameter)
    'p0' , 'p1' , 'p2', 'v' - controls the path mode
   See:
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/registrar.html#id228571

Ex:
    save("location");
    save("location","c5mp0");
    save("location","m", "$var(my_aor)");

3. Global module param removed:
    sock_flag - moved as param of save()
    use_path, path_mode, path_use_received - moved as param for save()
    method_filtering - moved as param for lookup()
    append_branches - moved as param for lookup()