[OpenSIPS-Devel] [OT] Re: [NEW] Virtual DB module

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Fri Jul 31 15:55:56 CEST 2009

Hey, that's curious: I never used MailMan, so not sure whether it is
it's own fault, or a bug in whatever software is responsible to generate
the web archive. My post has been truncated right before a sentence
starting with the magic word "From" at the beginning of the line.

So, at http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/devel/2009-July/003781.html
there is missing the following part:

> From the active one - of course this requires your databases to be
> somehow "perfectly" synchronised.
>
>> I can see that this can work fine for read operations assuming that the
>> databases are synchronized by external means and wherever you go you get the
>> same information, but for write I do not see where the aggregation layer is to
>> assure that the data is synchronized and consistent.
>
> That's not OpenSIPS job - it's up to who is configuring it to take
> care of synced DBs and such things. OpenSIPS has to drop it's queries
> somewhere - nothing more. And multiple configured DBs allows you to
> easily take down one DB server for maintainance without interrupting
> the service.
>
> I consider this a very worthful addition. And there is not so much
> trouble you can cause if OpenSIPS is either not inserting a record
> or writing it twice to usrloc - after some time everything will be
> fine again. The impact is much less than a "real" downtime.
>
> Just my 2 eurocent - please correct me, if I'm wrong!
>
> Best regards,
> Thomas Gelf

No one else ever got aware of this? Sure, "From" is used to split mbox
files - but IMO in that case the MDA should somehow "escape" lines
starting with "From" in your mail body...

Cheers,
Thomas