[OpenSIPS-Devel] Some ways to crash OpenSIPS with current SVN

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Mon Jul 20 15:58:14 CEST 2009

Thomas Gelf wrote:
> My nightmare seems to be over! After Bogdan's changes in revision 5889
> and 5893 OpenSIPS is finally rock-solid once again! At least I did not
> (yet) find any method to crash it again.
>
> Many thanks for his patience and for the time he dedicated to remotely
> debug this issues with me!
>
> Best regards,
> Thomas Gelf

One additional note: the reason this happened more or less only to me
lies in the fact that QoS is currently the only module using the SDP
parser - and it seems that not many people have activated this module
(I'm using it to remotely query more details about active calls).

The other fix (5889) is for a problem recently introduced - so probably
no one is using it in production yet. I'm doing some $ct-voodoo to
protect myself against some possible attacks using specially crafted
REGISTER requests - and got bitten by the $ct-improving patch.

Cheers,
Thomas