[OpenSIPS-Devel] SF.net SVN: opensips:[5835] trunk/modules/pua_dialoginfo

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Jul 7 15:46:30 CEST 2009

>> PUBLISH "dialog" with "trying" state is in fact a NOOP and it's not
>> useful at all from the watcher's perspective. I suggest never to
>> publish it.
>>
>> Also, the "proceeding" state means that a 1xx with no To tag (this is,
>> a 100) has been received. This is also not useful, so I wouldn't
>> publish it.
>
> IMO it is useful - eg. A calls PSTN and the call setup takes long - e.g. 10
> seconds until "ringing". In this time intervall, A is already busy on the
> phone, thus other probably will get notified that A is currently on the
> phone and the will try to reach him later.

Othe example:

- A is subscribed to dialog presence of C.
- B calls C.
- The proxy generates a dialog "trying" PUBLISH (C is called) and sends it to A.
- A sees in his phone that C is begin called by B.
- However, due to some network error (or C crashed) C doesn't reply to
the INVITE (neither 100 or 1XX).

In this case, why is useful the NOTIFY A has received?
Or perhaps the "trying" and "preceeding" NOTIFY would only be received
by A in case C is the caller?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>