[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-2591935 ] Error in sending NOTIFY for PUBLISH in RLS mode

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 24 10:49:27 CET 2009

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by anca_vamanu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=2591935&group_id=232389

Initial Comment:
Hi
When opensips got publish for the user(say E1_1) which has in two list subscriptions, it is sending notify to one user only.
For example:
UE2_1 list will have 2 entry uri like E1_1,E1_2
UE2_2 list will have 2 entry uri like E1_2,E1_1

S2_1 subscribe to UE2_1
S2_2 subscribe to UE2_2
If E1_1 send publish, opensips sends notify to S2_1 only. But it should send notify to S2_2 too.

Please find the attached pcap file for detailed call flow.

Regards,
rmnathan

Date: 2009-02-24 11:49

Message:
Hi Rmnathan,

A change was made for many tables - changing varchar type to char and
since the structure was changed, the version of the tables was increased.
You need to get the new mysql script and recreate the table and also
update the version for rls_presentity table in 'version' table. However
since there are many tables for which the version was increased I would
recommend recreating the whole database.

regards,
Anca

Comment By: Nathan (rmnathan)
Date: 2009-02-24 08:23

Message:
Hi Anca,
I tried with latest trunk 5354 build. while starting opensips i got
following error message
stinbng46:/usr/local/trunk# /usr/local/sbin/opensips
Listening on
             udp: 10.6.2.246 [10.6.2.246]:5060
Aliases:
             udp: stinbng46:5060

stinbng46:/usr/local/trunk# Feb 24 11:46:35 [2520]
ERROR:core:db_check_table_version: invalid version 0 for table
rls_presentity found, expected 1
Feb 24 11:46:35 [2520] ERROR:rls:mod_init: error during table version
check.
Feb 24 11:46:35 [2520] ERROR:core:init_mod: failed to initialize module
rls
Feb 24 11:46:35 [2520] ERROR:core:main: error while initializing modules
i have   rls_presentity table also in opensips database.
mysql> desc rls_presentity
    -> ;
+----------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field          | Type             | Null | Key | Default | Extra

+----------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id             | int(10) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL    |
auto_increment |
| rlsubs_did     | char(255)        | NO   | MUL |         |

| resource_uri   | char(128)        | NO   |     |         |

| content_type   | char(64)         | NO   |     |         |

| presence_state | blob             | NO   |     |         |

| expires        | int(11)          | NO   |     |         |

| updated        | int(11)          | NO   | MUL |         |

| auth_state     | int(11)          | NO   |     |         |

| reason         | char(64)         | NO   |     |         |

+----------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
9 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I have changed and tried table version in script also
INSERT INTO version (table_name, table_version) values
('rls_presentity','1');
  CREATE TABLE rls_presentity (
      id INT(10) UNSIGNED AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,
      rlsubs_did CHAR(255) NOT NULL,
      resource_uri CHAR(128) NOT NULL,
      content_type CHAR(64) NOT NULL,
      presence_state BLOB NOT NULL,
      expires INT(11) NOT NULL,
      updated INT(11) NOT NULL,
      auth_state INT(11) NOT NULL,
      reason CHAR(64) NOT NULL,
      CONSTRAINT rls_presentity_idx UNIQUE (rlsubs_did, resource_uri)
  ) ENGINE=MyISAM;
Again i got the same error.

Date: 2009-02-18 17:17

Message:
Hi Rmnathan,

Thank you for this report.
Indeed, you were right- not all update Notifies were sent due to a bug in
the code. I have fixed it. Please update to the new svn version and test it
yourself. I will wait for your feedback before closing this bug report.

regards,
Anca

Comment By: Anca Vamanu (anca_vamanu)