[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Support Requests-2617831 ] WARNING: database engine not found - tried 'MYSQL'

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 20 01:21:09 CET 2009

Support Requests item #2617831, was opened at 2009-02-19 17:28
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by saguti
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086411&aid=2617831&group_id=232389

Category: Install Problem
Group: None

Initial Comment:
After following the steps on the install document posted on the OpenSips website, building from source on a Fedora machine, it would appear that it won't start when I run.

Here is command window text:
-----------------------------------
[ sbin]# opensipsctl start
WARNING: database engine not found - tried 'MYSQL'

INFO: Starting OpenSIPS :

ERROR: PID file /var/run/opensips.pid does not exist -- OpenSIPS start failed
-----------------------------------

I followed another unresolved thread and found the following:

-----------------------------------
[ sbin]# cd /usr/local/lib/opensips
[ opensips]# ls
modules  opensipsctl
[ opensips]# cd opensipsctl
[ opensipsctl]# ls
dbtextdb          opensipsctl.ctlbase  opensipsctl.fifo     opensipsctl.unixsock  opensipsdbctl.dbtext
opensipsctl.base  opensipsctl.dbtext   opensipsctl.sqlbase  opensipsdbctl.base
-----------------------------------

Any solutions?

Comment By: Sergio Gutierrez (saguti)
Date: 2009-02-19 19:21

Message:
Hello Steve.

Could you provide more details about what commands did you use on you
build?
What version of OpenSIPS are you using?

Regards.

Sergio.

Comment By: Iñaki Baz (ibc_sf)
Date: 2009-02-19 18:51

Message:
Well, sorry, I didn't realize that the question was in the "Support
Requests" section. Anyhow I recommend you to ask the question in the users
maillist, full of activity.

Comment By: Iñaki Baz (ibc_sf)
Date: 2009-02-19 18:49

Message:
Steve, a bug tracker is not a place in which users should ask basic
questions about how to run OpenSIPS for the first time.
Such a question should take place in the OpenSIPS users maillist.