[OpenSIPS-Devel] xcap-change and support for xcap-diff-event

Georgios Panagiotou gpa at appearnetworks.com
Tue Feb 3 10:31:29 CET 2009

Hello,

While searching for xcap-diff-event [1] support by opensips, I found
the following definition in <opensips_root>/parser/parse_event.h

#define PRES_XCAP_CHANGE_STR "xcap-change"
#define PRES_XCAP_CHANGE_STR_LEN 11

It seemed to me something similar to what I was looking for so I
investigated i bit more to find out what these declarations stand for.
However, I couldnt find a module using these declarations (i.e. like
the presence one). It also seems that these declarations (which are
maybe for the support of the I-D xcap-change-log [2]) appear in the
openser project as well (I checked on openser version 1.3.1 and they
exist there as well, so there are maybe before the branching of the
projects). Can you elaborate a bit on the issue (where these
definitions are used, if used)?

Finally, I would like to ask if there is planned support for [1],
since I think that there is a lot of code that could be reused (i.e.
in presence, rls, etc.) to integrate this I-D, and I am in the process
of starting doing so.

BR,

/Giorgos Panagiotou

[1] An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Configuration Access Protocol
(XCAP) Diff Event Package,
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent-04 , Expires April
6 2009

[2] An XML Format for Representing XML Configuration Access Protocol
(XCAP) Change Logs, draft-rosenberg-simple-xcap-change-log-00 ,
Expired