[OpenSIPS-Devel] rls_handle_subscribe() return code when list is not found

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Fri Aug 28 12:32:26 CEST 2009

Hi Juha,

You are right, a Subscribe that contains Supported:eventlist header but
for which a list definition is not found, is replied with 404 and not
sent to the presence server. It has been the way described in the
documentation but changed in a commit on 12 November last year:
http://opensips.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opensips?view=rev&revision=4944.

I have now looked through the RFC and to be honest, I think that I
shouldn't have done the change and still let the Subscribe go to the
presence server. I don't remember which was the reason to change it at
that moment, but I remember it came after a discussion with Dan Pascu
when he gave me a strong argument to do so.  I am willing to change it
back, but will first wait for Dan's input on this.

Thanks and regards,
Anca