[OpenSIPS-Devel] [OpenSIPS-Users] Next OpenSIPS releases

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Aug 25 21:05:23 CEST 2009

Hi Julien,

Julien Chavanton wrote:

> Hi Bogdan, speaking about the futur, what do you think about the
> B2B_ENTITIES and B2B_LOGIC module, to be realistic/strategic, you will
> delay this to a futur version maybe even 2.x, will this require
> modification to the core ?

Not sure how you see this, but the B2BUA related modules are part of the
1.6 release. I admit they are in alpha-stage and probably it will take
some more time (in the next releases) to (1) become stable and (2)
functionality consistent.

> Personnaly, I want to take some time to test them in a lab, I am
> curious to see how it is implemented.
>
> I beleive that a lot of users could benefit from this, in term of :
>  - security : hide interconnection information
>  - interoperability : handle/fix "possible" compatibility problem
> between other SIP UA

and also there is a third case, quite large, when comes to implementing
complex SIP scenarios (not possible by a simple proxy) which does not
need any media manipulation (we still have a signalling b2bua) - like
the examples we have in the tutorial, with  inserting announcements  in
the call, tele-marketing, etc...More or less better integration of calls
with media services.

> Opensips could then become a one peice solution for SIP carrier, as
> now they may require an SBC as well for such concern

Indeed.

> Thank you for your continuous effort and accomplishement.

Thank you :)