[OpenSIPS-Devel] Next OpenSIPS releases

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Aug 25 10:59:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

Here are the plans for the next OpenSIPS releases (minor and major).
This is an initial draft (content and dates), so please comment and
contribute (if necessary):

1) Minor release 1.5.3
-----------------------

Why: This is needed as more than 50 fixes were done on the 1.5 branch
since 1.5.2.

Date: during this week

Pending: personally I'm hunting an memory leak in SNMP module (mainly
design issues). If someone is aware of any other issues that requires
fixing in 1.5 branch, please speak up.

2) Major release 1.6.0
-----------------------

Code freeze:  estimated for mid September (depending of how fast the
pending work is completed)

Release date: estimated for October

What we have so far: http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver160

Pending work:
    - adding context for PVs (like reply, request)
    - route types - init, onreply per branch, timer based
    - dialog - early dialog support to be finished; new functions to
check dialog consistency (cseq numbers, route set, contacts); dialog
direction function
    - pike enhancement for catching more events (replies, non-SIP
traffic attacks)
    - json support
If there is something missing or if somebody is working some (new) code
and needs time and support, please let me know.