[OpenSIPS-Devel] Limitations of dialog module

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Aug 4 12:37:20 CEST 2009

2009/8/4 Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com>:
>> But if this behaviour is not implemented, could it affect the design
>> you suggest for "virtual dialogs"?
>
> Not if we confirm the dialog with the ACK instead of the 200 OK.

If both 200 OK arrive to the UAC, it will generate two ACK (one for
each branch). Theoricaly the UAC will also send a BYE for the last 200
received.

This is:

- UAS1 replies 200.
- UAS2 replies 200 (at the "same" time).
- OpenSIPS routes the first 200 stateful to the UAC.
- OpenSIPS routes the second 200 stateless to the UAC.
- UAC generates an ACK for first 200.
- OpenSIPS create a established dialog.
- UAC generates an ACK for the second 200.
* Would OpenSIPS generate a new *established* dialog?
- UAC sends inmediately a BYE for the second dialog (as RFC3261 states).
* Would this BYE terminate the second established diaog in OpenSIPS?
or the first one? or both?

This is the risk I see.

Regards.

--