[OpenSIPS-Devel] Messages out of order?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Apr 22 09:01:53 CEST 2009

Hi Chris,

Chris Maciejewski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just noticed that sometimes OpenSIPs forwards SIP packets out of order.
>
> Please see example call flow at:
> http://wima.co.uk/sip/2009-04-21_15-01-10-c2c-123_index.html
>
> Packets F11 and F12 from "Click2Call" are forwarded in the wrong order
> to "UA1".
>
> Is it a bug?
it is not a bug - packages may change order because:
    1) UDP (there is no guarantee of the order)
    2) processing - as opensips is a parallel processing proxy, some
packages may be processed slower than others (depending of the nature of
the request)
>  Or maybe it is some problem with my call flow?
>
> Please note: Packets from Click2Call are generated by
> "PHP SIP library" I coded myself, so quite likely they are no good.

well, the REFER is sent at .0002 secs after the ACK - you should give
more time to ACK before firing the REFER. This will eliminate the risk
of order inversion .