[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-2209505 ] [TM] final reply selection

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Oct 30 16:57:19 CET 2008

On Thursday 30 October 2008, SourceForge.net wrote:
> Category: modules
> Group: None
>
> Initial Comment:
> Priorities in reply selection (parallel forking):
>
>  - 6XX (except if disable_6xx_block == 1)
>  - 3XX
>  - 401 / 407  (authentication)
>  - 415 (Unsupported Media Type)
>  - 420 (Bad Extension)
>  - 484 (Address Incomplete)
>  - 4XX
>  - 5XX
>  - 408 (local generated with no received replies)

I think a 408 should have lowest priority no matter if it was generated
internally or it came over a branch. Consider the case where I fork, but
call doesn't go to user agents, but to other proxies. Then one of these
proxies cannot contact the user agent and generates a 408 itself, while
on another branch I get a 486 from an user agent.

Generally speaking 408 (timeout) is meaningless if other replies come in.
It only makes sense when it is the only received reply.

--
Dan