[OpenSIPS-Devel] loose routing params embedded in username

Phil Vandry vandry at TZoNE.ORG
Mon Oct 20 22:47:29 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 11:50:51AM +0300, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Indeed, that is an interesting idea I would say - so far we did a lot of
> testing at SIPit this week and all the clients were compliant with the
> RR params - we found only some clients that have problems with too long
> RR headers :) - but even with the new approach, it will be the same.

Yes, any limitations will be the same.

Proxies and user agents must examine the parameters in RR URIs; in
particular they must obey the "transport" and "maddr" parameters if
they are present (and maybe "comp=sigcomp" and others besides?). Since
they process these parameters, it might be the reason why some
implementations are under the mistaken impression that it is OK to
delete them.

> upload a feature request on this, please.

I will do so shortly.

-Phil