[OpenSIPS-Devel] OpenSIPS crahses "CRITICAL:core:receive_fd: EOF on 11 "

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Nov 12 08:51:03 CET 2008

Hi Iñaki,

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Miércoles, 12 de Noviembre de 2008, Jesus Rodriguez escribió:
>
>> Answer from Bogdan few mails ago to another post:
>>
>>> loadmodule "signaling.so";
>>>

> Thanks! it works :)
> BTW, I would like to know why a new module, that theorically doesn't include
> an API for being used by other modules, is now a requeriment for other
> modules as presence-*.

Signalling module is a pure API module - it provides for the other
module a transparent way for sending replies (stateful or stateless).
This module is a wrapper over the TM and SL modules - when to send a
reply, it will first detect if a transaction exists or not and use the
appropriate send_reply function (from TM or SL).
> Maybe other modules can use "signaling" internal API to avoid themself
> handling a stateful or stateless response?

That is the whole idea :) - as a first step, only some presence related
module were ported to the new "send_reply" layer - but others (like
auth, registrar, etc) will follow.