[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Patches-2101492 ] MaxMind GeoIP lookup module

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 5 00:19:17 CET 2008

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by ekobi
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086412&aid=2101492&group_id=232389

Initial Comment:
Hi.

Attached is a patch implementing a light-weight wrapper around the MaxMind GeoIP API. It adds IP address-to-location lookup capability to OpenSIPS scripts.

Lookups are executed against the freely-available GeoLite City database; and the non-free GeoIP City database is drop-in compatible. All lookup fields provided by the API are accessible by the script. Visit the MaxMind website (http://www.maxmind.com/app/geolitecity) for more information on the location databases.

The patch includes the requisite documentation.

Cheers,
--
kobi

Comment By: Kobi Eshun (ekobi)
Date: 2008-11-04 15:19

Message:
Module is now checked into SVN repository.
--
kobi

Comment By: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu (bogdan_iancu)
Date: 2008-11-04 05:16

Message:
Kobi, feel free to upload the module on the SVN trunk - I added you as
developer and you have SVN access. If you have any questions about how to
upload the module, please use devel at lists.opensips.org list.

When done, please close this item.

Thanks and regards,

Comment By: Kobi Eshun (ekobi)
Date: 2008-11-03 09:01

Message:
Yes, be glad to maintain it. Cheers.\,

Date: 2008-11-03 03:35

Message:
Hi Kobi,

The contribution looks completed and fine - I think we can upload this
module on SVN trunk, but before this - are you willing to maintain the
module?

Comment By: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu (bogdan_iancu)
Date: 2008-09-09 01:16

Message:
Hi Kobi,

This sounds interesting - I will take a look over the patch in the next
days.

Thanks and regards,