[OpenSIPS-Devel] How to end a call after a specific elapsed time

Cristian Galvez cristian.galvez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 17:16:26 CET 2008

Hello everybody,

I'm chilean and I just susbcribed to this list hoping can be former to my
growing interest in OpenSips.

I'm begining working with OpenSips some months ago, and I get opensips
running on Ubuntu 7.10 and 8.04 (I tried with Kamailio too, but I couldn't
get running on that platforms, so I discarded working with it).

I want to know how to set a timeout for duration's call (for subscriber's
quota controlling).

I've been studying the sst, dialog and tm modules, and I think the dialog
modules would permit me that (by setting some callback function ) for
catching the timeout, let's say of 3 minutes, of a call has elapsed that
duration, and this way (inside the callback function) to send a BYE SIP
message to end that call.

I would really appreciate somebody can help me with this, either giving me
an example of code (ideally, to faster knowledge of use), or indicating me
and URL where can I get more clarifier documentation apart of the
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules, because I'm already working with
that but I isn't enough.

Thanks in advance.

Cristian Galvez