[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Patches-2111024 ] New pseudo variable for route_params

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 3 15:24:04 CET 2008

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by neutrino38
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086412&aid=2111024&group_id=232389

Initial Comment:
To my big surprise, OpenSIPS is not transparent in regards with route parameters. In route scripts, there is no easy way to copy all the route params from the incoming message into the outgoing ones.

I extended the RR modules in order to give access to rr params in a pseudo variable named $rr_params

So copying route params becomes easy

if (loose_route() )
{
    record_route( $rr_params );
    t_relay();
}

Examining and modifying route params beforehand in script variables or AVPs is also vastly simplified.

Emmanuel BUU
http://www.ives.fr/
http://www.telephone-video.fr/

Comment By: Emmanuel BUU (neutrino38)
Date: 2008-11-03 15:24

Message:
Ehhh ... that's basically what does the patch that I submitted. So I would
not object.

Comment By: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu (bogdan_iancu)
Date: 2008-11-03 15:14

Message:
I was thinking about re-working the check_route_param() function from RR
module
(http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/rr.html#check-route-param-id)
into a PV to return the whole value (as you said) and to use paam like
transformations to break it apart.

Comment By: Emmanuel BUU (neutrino38)
Date: 2008-11-03 14:17

Message:
I would need to access the value of some paramter by name.

If there is way to do this differently, then I am all hears.

Otherwise, having the whole string is not bad as parameters can be
accessed using transformations.

Emmanuel

Comment By: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu (bogdan_iancu)
Date: 2008-11-03 13:08

Message:
Hi Emmanuel,

do you need the entire RR param string or typically you are looking for
certain parameters (by name) ?

Comment By: Emmanuel BUU (neutrino38)
Date: 2008-10-21 22:21

Message:
Ok Klaus, I agree with the comment.
ROute set should not be modified once established.

Nevertheless, I use route param to make dialog wide routing decision in my
conf scripts and as far as I know, there is no easy way to retreive RR
parameter value. There is only a function to check whether a param has a
predefined value.

The new pseudo variable associated with transformation enable easy access
to such information. Would the maintainter kindly consider the addition of
this PV ?

Emmanuel BUU

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2008-09-18 22:02

Message:
not sure what you mean: during the first INVITE, if you call
record_route(), openser will add the Record-route header with some
parameters. If there are already Route headers present, openser will remove
the ones pointing to itself and the other will be untouched.

Further, in-dialog requests will contain the Route added by openser. The
Route headers which point to openser will be remove during loose_routing,
other route headers will be untouched.

If you see a different behavior please post an ngrep trace (ngrep -W
byline -t -q -P "" -d any port 5060)

Comment By: Emmanuel BUU (neutrino38)
Date: 2008-09-18 21:21

Message:
Fine but then we have an issue here:

OpenSIPS in its current form drops the route parameters. It is when
record_route() is called, previously received params are wiped out ex:

UAC               OpenSIPS                UAS

INVITE --------> challenge
407 <------------

INVITE --------> add route param ---------> INVITE with route param
                            200 OK + params <---
200 OK + params <-----------

re-INVITE + param ---------> if (loose_route())
                                    record_route()
                                            ---------------> INVITE but
params disapeared !!!

So I should modify the patch just to copy existing params ?

I believed  route param could be used information which would persist
during the dialog ?

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)