[OpenSIPS-Devel] Adding User-Agent "blacklist" feature to pua_usrloc

Sergio Gutierrez saguti at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 19:26:59 CET 2008

Hi Iñaki.

I think it is a good idea; there are other cases as user agents not intended
to register in a particular class of service (For example, asterisk PBX in a
registrar for home users), or buggy firmware versions of terminals.

Would it not be better to have the reference of forbidden user agents in
database, instead of text file?

what do you think.

Regards.

Sergio.

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net> wrote:

> Hi, for now in order to avoid pua_usrloc generating PUBLISH for UA's
> supporting presence I do the following test:
>
>  ### PUA_USRLOC PUBLISH
>  if $ua !~ "UAS_SUPPORTING_PRESENCE" {
>      xlog("L_INFO","--- pua_set_publich for $fu ($ua)\n");
>      pua_set_publish();
>  }
>

> Where:
>  define(`UAS_SUPPORTING_PRESENCE',
> `^(Twinkle/1|Snom|Linphone|eyeBeam|X-Lite|SIP
> Communicator|SIPp|PJSUA)')
>

> I think it would be useful to do it in a more ellegant way, perhaps by
> having a text file containing User-Agent regular expressions loaded
> during OpenSIPS startup (and hopefully also with a FIFO command).
> Something like "permissions.allow" file.
>
> Any tip about how to start with it? is something as
> "permissions.allow" a good way to start? suggestions?
>
> --
> Iñaki Baz Castillo
> <ibc at aliax.net>

Sergio Gutiérrez