[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-2385561 ] Hang due to "no more nonces can be generated"

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 4 16:59:44 CET 2008

Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by bogdan_iancu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=2385561&group_id=232389

Group: 1.4.x

Initial Comment:
We've just had OpenSIPS 1.4.2 stop processing SIP packets and effectively hang. During this time, it logged the following many times to /var/log/daemon.log:

ERROR:auth:build_auth_hf: no more nonces can be generated
ERROR:auth:challenge: failed to generate nonce

Restarting OpenSIPS has temporarily cured it, but I expect the problem will come back.

Date: 2008-12-04 17:59

Message:
Hi Alistair,

Anca did a fix - indeed it was a bug that was introducing some limitation.
Please upload and be as wild as you want with the load - the error should
not occur.

I will wait for your confirmation in order to close this bug.

Comment By: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu (bogdan_iancu)