[OpenSIPS-Devel] Hang due to "no more nonces can be generated"

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Tue Dec 2 00:30:42 CET 2008

We've just had OpenSIPS 1.4.2 stop processing SIP packets and
effectively hang. During this time, it logged the following many times
to /var/log/daemon.log:

ERROR:auth:build_auth_hf: no more nonces can be generated
ERROR:auth:challenge: failed to generate nonce

Restarting OpenSIPS has temporarily cured it, but I expect the problem
will come back.

Another problem (probably unrelated) on the same machine was that when
running "opensipsctl online", no output was produced and the following
was logged to daemon.log:

ERROR:core:create_mi_node: no more pkg mem
ERROR:mi_fifo:mi_fifo_server: command (ul_dump) processing failed

I've since set the following in config.h:

#define PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE 10*1024*1024

and this problem has gone away (opensipsctl online produces 1793 lines
of output), but it's unclear whether this will help with the nonce
problem (I'm thinking probably not). In any case, may we please have
either a config file option or a command line option to set
PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE without needing to patch the source code?

--
Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111