[OpenSIPS-Devel] rls_presentity table can not be created in MySQL 4.1.22

Andrew Pogrebennyk andrew.pogrebennyk at portaone.com
Sun Aug 31 17:43:20 CEST 2008

Hi,
The following SQL statement (from rls-create.sql) fails in MySQL 4.1.22:

CREATE TABLE rls_presentity (
     id INT(10) UNSIGNED AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,
     rlsubs_did VARCHAR(512) NOT NULL,
     resource_uri VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL,
     content_type VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL,
     presence_state BLOB NOT NULL,
     expires INT(11) NOT NULL,
     updated INT(11) NOT NULL,
     auth_state INT(11) NOT NULL,
     reason VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL,
     CONSTRAINT rls_presentity_idx UNIQUE (rlsubs_did, resource_uri)
) ENGINE=MyISAM;

ERROR 1170 (42000): BLOB/TEXT column 'rlsubs_did' used in key
specification without a key length

Hence presence table can not be created. I have seen on the internet a
comment from the MySQL support saying that for BLOB/TEXT column you can
create index only on the prefix of column. Apparently, there's similar
restriction for VARCHAR columns and constraints. How do I modify the SQL
query so that it can be executed on 4.1.22? I think the fix should go to
the repository as well. Or did I miss something and 4.1.22 is not
officially supported since 1.4.0?

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk