[OpenSIPS-Devel] OPENSIP code Contribution- Add callid to RADIUS authentication message

Dror Wald dror at jajah.com
Mon Aug 11 14:11:56 CEST 2008

Hello,

We needed to add callid value to the authentication requests that OpenSIPS
sends to RADIUS server.

We need it because when we get the authentication message we start an object
of the specific call in our billing application. Without getting the callid
in the authentication phase, we can't later connect between the call object
and the accounting information about the call.

We also need it because users use the same user name but different
authentication usernames, so it's difficult later for accounting to
distinguish between users.

We made a patch to auth_radius module and added the callid value in the
Acct-Session-Id attribute (maybe you can suggest a better name for the
attribute, but this one is good because it's the same one latter in
accounting).

The patch is good for us, and we'd like to contribute it to the project.

Comments are welcome.

Dror Wald

A developer, VoIP team, Jajah Inc

E-mail: dror at jajah.com