[Devel] [Kamailio-Devel] SF.net SVN: opensips:[4568] tags/1.4.0/

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Aug 4 12:10:48 CEST 2008

Hi Henning,

I'm sorry some pre official announcement discussions slipped away.

The project went public just today and everybody has a fair chance to
learn about it.

To be honest I have to admit it was not an easy decision to start the
project, but it was the only way I could move on with the work I'm doing
in the last 7 years (since I started working on SER).
Unfortunately, the OpenSER environment is not longer offering us a
productive and progressive environment, so I made my choice.

" I do not want to get idle, I just want to move further and do
something constructive".

What i want to be clear is the work and collaboration in an Open Source
project is a free will option - there is not an obligation. As said, if
the project does not match my interest anymore, I am free to switch to
something else. This is the very basic concept of open source world.